Friday, September 07, 2007

Political activism and social networking


So I'm reading Digg about an individual who refused to show his receipt to a guard at Circuit City and ended up calling the cops because CC wasn't letting him leave. He then was asked for ID and gave his name but refused to produce ID . Needless to say he was arrested. Sheesh I'm glad we have the internet and the ability to highlight things like this through social networks. Rosa Parks, Dr. King, these people made a social impact with the help of media attention, these days it looks like we can take out the media and hopefully impact society directly. Powerful thinking. BTW I agree with the Michael, the shopper who was arrested, retail establishments should not impinge on my freedoms as a citizen and there by making me feel like a criminal for doing nothing wrong.

0 comments: